Skip to main content

Tuesday 29 November 2016; Waking Faith By Pastor Steven Furtick - Gratitude Is The Gateway To God's Provision

Jonah 2:9-10

"But I, with shouts of grateful praise, will sacrifice to you. What I have vowed I will make good. I will say, 'Salvation comes from the LORD.' And the LORD commanded the fish, and it vomited Jonah onto dry land."
 
 At the beginning of Jonah chapter 2, Jonah is in the belly of a fish, and for several verses he's lamenting the trials he has faced.

He's talking about seaweed around his head. He's talking about the billows that raged over him. But suddenly, Jonah makes a shift in his perspective and says, "But I, with shouts of grateful praise, will sacrifice to you. What I have vowed I will make good. I will say, 'Salvation comes from the LORD.'"

I don't think it's any coincidence that in the very next verse after Jonah decided to be grateful even in the midst of difficult circumstances, is when he got out of the whale.

When you get grateful, shift your mindset, lift your eyes, and give God praise, it will either release God's provision or open your eyes to see the provision that was there all along.

Why? Because gratitude is the gateway to the provision of God.

Written By: Pastor Steven Furtick

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Naira (NGN) Exchange Rates

Nigerian naira (NGN) exchange rates with some countries in the world; as at 16th of November 2015.

Daddy's Little Girl

Every Sunday of the year seem to be Mother's day but i am not complaining because i am a woman too, so imagine my amazement when i found out today is Father's day, oh finally we spared one Sunday for our dads, that is awesome, for me this day is a very beautiful day not just because we are celebrating Fathers but because i am celebrating a very special Man.

Baby Audrey Goes To Church

Photos from beautiful  Audrey (Oshoke) Dakpokpo's dedication,Sunday July 26 2015. May your life be filled with God's goodness.