Skip to main content

Wednesday 6th Of January 2016; Daily Devotional By Joyce Meyer - God Wants To Take You To A New Level

Proverbs 9:9 

Give instruction to a wise man and he will be yet wiser; teach a righteous man (one upright and in right standing with God) and he will increase in learning.
 
 

Even though God wants us to live joyful, contented lives, He sometimes causes a discontent or a feeling that something is not right because He does not want us to continue doing the same old things anymore. He wants to prod us to seek Him so He can take us to new levels.

God always wants us to grow stronger, to go deeper, and to increase in intimacy with Him. Most of the time, He leads us into that process of maturity by leading us out of places where we have been comfortable in the past. Too much comfort for too long can mean that we are not growing. If you feel something stirring in your heart that you don't quite understand, just ask God what is happening and take time to wait on Him to answer.

Our time with God is vitally important to our growth and maturity, but we cannot do the same things all the time and experience all that God has for us. I have had times when reading the Bible became laborious and God simply led me to read a different translation for a few months. Just that little change brought new growth because I saw things in a different way. Satan tried to condemn me because I did not want to read the Bible, but God was just trying to get me to make a change in the translation I was reading. One day I felt a bit bored as I tried to read and pray so I moved to another chair in my office and suddenly I saw things that had been in my office for years, but I had not noticed them. A little adjustment caused me to see things from a whole new perspective and God taught me a spiritual lesson just because I sat in a different chair.
 
God’s Word for You Today: Don’t be afraid to move your chair.

Written By: Joyce Meyer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daddy's Little Girl

Every Sunday of the year seem to be Mother's day but i am not complaining because i am a woman too, so imagine my amazement when i found out today is Father's day, oh finally we spared one Sunday for our dads, that is awesome, for me this day is a very beautiful day not just because we are celebrating Fathers but because i am celebrating a very special Man.

Strange is Unique - Louis Ogbeifun

What a genius you are, friend of the world.

Monday August 21 2017; Waking Faith By Steven Furtick - Who's Writing Your Headlines?

  Genesis 50:20   "You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives"