Skip to main content

Monday 4th January 2016; Daily Devotion By Joyce Meyer - By Your Fruit

Even so, every healthy (sound) tree bears good fruit [worthy of admiration], but the sickly (decaying, worthless) tree bears bad (worthless) fruit.—Matthew 7:17


The fruit in our lives (our behavior) comes from somewhere. A person who is angry is that way for a reason. His reaction is the bad fruit of a bad tree with bad roots. It is important for us to take a close and honest look at our fruit as well as our roots.

In my own life, there was a lot of bad fruit. I experienced regular bouts of depression, negativity, self-pity, a quick temper, and the chip-on-the-shoulder syndrome. I was harsh, rigid, legalistic, and judgmental. I held grudges and was fearful.

I worked hard at trying to correct it. Yet it seemed that no matter what kind of bad behavior I tried to get rid of, two or three others popped up somewhere else like weeds. I was not getting to the hidden root of the problem, and it would not die.

If this scenario sounds familiar to you, it may be that you have unresolved issues in your life that need to be searched out and removed so that everything can be made fresh and new. Don’t run away.
If God can change me, He certainly can change you.

Rotten fruit comes from rotten roots; good fruit comes from good roots.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daddy's Little Girl

Every Sunday of the year seem to be Mother's day but i am not complaining because i am a woman too, so imagine my amazement when i found out today is Father's day, oh finally we spared one Sunday for our dads, that is awesome, for me this day is a very beautiful day not just because we are celebrating Fathers but because i am celebrating a very special Man.

Strange is Unique - Louis Ogbeifun

What a genius you are, friend of the world.

Monday August 21 2017; Waking Faith By Steven Furtick - Who's Writing Your Headlines?

  Genesis 50:20   "You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives"