Skip to main content

Proudly Nigerian Or Just Another Nigerian. ( Happy Independence Day Nigeria)



Standing this morning to sing the national anthem made my eyes misty. I had mixed feelings; I was happy and sad at the same time.

I was happy because  Nigeria is older today and because of the immense love God has for this great nation. I remember before the election this year everyone was scared, the world was waiting for Nigeria to be done with but, because of God’s love and grace we are still standing. The election took place with no hassle and even after the result was announced we had peace.

I was sad because it is 534 days since Chibok girls were abducted and they are still not back, we are celebrating independence and Chikbok girls are in captivity. I was sad because I am not sure our nation is better than what it was last year. I was sad because the masses of this beautiful country are still the minority and the politicians are still the majority. I was sad because as I said the Pledge I couldn’t help but wonder if I have been serving Nigeria with all my strength.

As we celebrate today ask yourself have I kept my pledge because at one point in or the other we all have said the pledge and a pledge is your solemn word; your promise.

 Happy Independence Day. #ProudlyNigerian #ILoveMyCountry

Comments

  1. Great piece.........#Nigeria will yet arise and take its rightful place

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great piece.........#Nigeria will yet arise and take its rightful place

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let us all dedicate our hearts to serving our great country Nigeria by always 'doing What is right'.
    Do the right thing 'transform Nigeria'
    Do the right thing 'be patriotic'
    Do the the right 'don't collect bribe'.
    Because change starts and ends with you!
    Weldone Dee it's indeed a great write up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Naira (NGN) Exchange Rates

Nigerian naira (NGN) exchange rates with some countries in the world; as at 16th of November 2015.

Daddy's Little Girl

Every Sunday of the year seem to be Mother's day but i am not complaining because i am a woman too, so imagine my amazement when i found out today is Father's day, oh finally we spared one Sunday for our dads, that is awesome, for me this day is a very beautiful day not just because we are celebrating Fathers but because i am celebrating a very special Man.

Strange is Unique - Louis Ogbeifun

What a genius you are, friend of the world.