Skip to main content

Dairy Of A Happy Girl ( The Pursuit Of Happiness)



‘’ Happy people are those who have learnt that, what they have, can make a difference in someone else’s life’’ Victoria Osteen. Hearing her quote this gave more meaning to my pursuit of happiness.
  
I always hear people say happiness is a choice, you choose to be happy. At first it was every confusing, I was wondering how happiness can be a choice. I thought that happiness is just an involuntary emotion you feel when something good happens to you or when someone treats you nicely. I thought that other people like your loved ones are suppose to make you happy; but that isn’t the case. People will let you down, at times they even do it without meaning to or knowing what they have done to you; they do it not because they do not love you but because they are only human.

Then i started to think if others are not suppose to make me happy, how then am I suppose to make myself happy,  how do I chose to be happy? After awhile of thinking about this, something occurred to me; eliminate everything that make me unhappy including people.This theory worked for a while then I noticed I wasn’t totally happy, so my journey in search of happiness continued.

What more can this girl do, then; I started to read books and listening to different sermon, with that I started to understand how you chose to be happy.

To be happy:      

  •  Learn to worry less because everything has been taken care of by Christ and God’s plans for you are of good. 
  • Learn to forgive, forget and move on. You cannot control how people treat you but you can control how you react.
  • Appreciate what you have.

You might feel like you have little or nothing but that thing you have, will make a lot more difference in someone else's life.  I have always wanted to inspire others to be better, but didn’t take any step towards my goal because I was too busy focusing on what I didn’t have, I felt like money is the only thing i need to help others and every time it made me unhappy, and because I was self focused I didn’t realize that money is not all i need to inspire people, all I needed was use what God has deposited in me.

Stop focusing on what you do not have, and start to focus on what you have that will benefit others. Writing about this has really made me happy and I hope it inspires someone to take control of their happiness. Be happy. Be Joyful. Be inspired.

Have a cheerful week. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Naira (NGN) Exchange Rates

Nigerian naira (NGN) exchange rates with some countries in the world; as at 16th of November 2015.

Daddy's Little Girl

Every Sunday of the year seem to be Mother's day but i am not complaining because i am a woman too, so imagine my amazement when i found out today is Father's day, oh finally we spared one Sunday for our dads, that is awesome, for me this day is a very beautiful day not just because we are celebrating Fathers but because i am celebrating a very special Man.

Strange is Unique - Louis Ogbeifun

What a genius you are, friend of the world.