Skip to main content

Understanding God's Grace (Amazing Grace)



Grace: Unmerited, undeserved favor.  I understood the definition of grace but what I didn’t get at first is the concept of God’s Grace in our Lives. For some time I kept wondering at how God’s grace works, like when they say we are not under the law but under grace. So since we are under grace, does that mean we need not to keep the Ten Commandments!

All this was really confusing until I read Romans 8. Romans 8 from verse 1 to 14 talks about life through the Spirit. The verse that really got me was verse 7 which says ‘’ the mind governed by flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law nor can it do so’’ (NIV). This verse shows we cannot keep the law if we are governed by the flesh no matter how much we try, we will fail.   

Even after reading this passage I still needed a deeper understanding on how grace works, i needed to be able to explain God's grace. Then one day I remembered growing up, as a child my dad didn’t use to beat me, he corrected me when needed but I was never afraid of him. He didn’t instill the fear of him in us; instead he instilled love for him in us.

He believed that no matter how young a child is they have a mind of their own, he never forced me to do things his way, he only gives me reasons why I should do things his way and even if in the end I do it my way, he will still help me out when I am in trouble. As parents teach your children how to love by showing them love. It will help them to understand God's love and make them know how to respect others.

It was after; the spirit reminded me of this up bring that I really understood the concept of grace. Some people feel when you talk to them about God’s grace it makes them sin more; but it doesn’t. 

When people understand God’s grace it tells them about a God that loves them even before they were born, it shows them a God that gave his only Son to die for their sins so they could have eternal life, it makes them love God and when you love someone and you know they love you even more no matter what you have done, or what you will do. You do not go about trying to hurt that person.

Understanding God’s grace gives us the confidence to walk in the spirit. The Grace of God sets us free from law because it is His spirit in us that helps us keep the law.

If you still do not understand grace now don’t fret I also didn’t get it from one message and I am still getting it. Go on and read Romans and pray to God to open your spirit of understanding. Be kind. Be graceful. Be happy.  Be thankful.

Have a prosperous week .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Naira (NGN) Exchange Rates

Nigerian naira (NGN) exchange rates with some countries in the world; as at 16th of November 2015.

Daddy's Little Girl

Every Sunday of the year seem to be Mother's day but i am not complaining because i am a woman too, so imagine my amazement when i found out today is Father's day, oh finally we spared one Sunday for our dads, that is awesome, for me this day is a very beautiful day not just because we are celebrating Fathers but because i am celebrating a very special Man.

Baby Audrey Goes To Church

Photos from beautiful  Audrey (Oshoke) Dakpokpo's dedication,Sunday July 26 2015. May your life be filled with God's goodness.