Skip to main content

PRAISES WITH NO BOUNDARIES

It sounds absurd to tell a person who has just been told by a doctor that they have just two weeks to live, to praise God; like seriously are you for real! who does that in this world except Christians? Those crazy folks, who give thanks to God even when their young wards leave them behind to go to the grave beyond. They say in everything; and for everything, giving praise to God is of utmost importance.
Truth be told it sounds annoyingly crazy to an ordinary man; but, to true Christians it is a weapon of mass destruction. For these people no matter the trails and tribulations they go through in life they always vanquish. This concept is hard to comprehend, but not impossible; to be sincere I didn't get it either for a while.
I am thankful for the way I was brought up. Growing up I saw my dad go through a lot;  and with every challenge life threw at him, his faith and hope became stronger. Everyday he woke up thankful, like he became resilient to everything going on around him; he would just put a smile on his face and say,"thank you Jesus". And, he would also encourage me to do same. But, back then I look at him and wonder, it is either this man is in a state of reverie (thinking everything is alright) or just maybe I was in the wrong house. The funny thing is I had a third option, I felt, "probably this man is high of something I didn't know of yet", to make him feel better I would thank God with him but in my quiet time I wonder why? The truth is it turned out my dad was high on something; don't get worried it wasn't the wrong stuff, it was the secret of praising in the storm.
As I grew older I was still thankful for life everyday but I was thankful because my parents told me to be, from what I was taught growing up I knew to be thankful for life but as I started to grow in faith I understood to be thankful for life. There is a difference between knowing and understanding. Knowing; is to have a knowledge of something (information). Understanding is total comprehension, or being  able to act on that knowledge you have. Better explained; understanding is transferable, this is why I can transfer this knowledge I have of praising God in the storm to you. It is necessary to be thankful for life even if the walls seem to be closing in on us, everyday we are blessed with the gift of life, is  a chance to turn our dreams into a reality because with life comes hope of a better day. Some people feel they are better dead, than alive because of what they are going through; Get this: people will only pity you when you die like that, and after a while you are dead and forgotten with nothing good to be remembered for. I cant pretend to understand what you are going through but I can tell you that giving up is not the solution. Stop deceiving yourselves, there is nothing worse than dying without fulfilling your dreams. Our biggest fear in life should not be dying, but dying without fulfilling our God given purpose in life, so if you are one of those people who feel death is a better solution you are wrong, you had better start being thankful for everyday you wake up. Because whether strong or not, God has graced you with another opportunity to continue your race.
Another reason to praise him in the storm is, whatever happens to you in life has a lesson behind it, either good or bad. Let us do an exercise together pick a pen and a paper write down every situation you thought as bad you have been in the past and also write down what you learnt from this situation, now come back to the present and write how this lessons has helped pull you through tougher situations. You see, there is always a greater purpose, there are some lessons that if you haven't learnt by now you won't have achieve greater victories.
Deuteronomy 31: 6 tell us that "Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the one who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you" (NKJV).This means that even in those raging storms he is there with you, and Romans 8:28 says "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose" (NKJV). This also tell us that, so long our hope is in Christ and our feet is planted on the solid rock, no storm of life can sweep us away. It is time you redefine how you see problems, I think it is better to see problems as challenges. A Challenge according to Merriam - Webster dictionary " is a stimulating task or problem" and when something stimulates you, that is, it excites you, so when you think of your problems that way you would want to see the end.
No matter what you are going through right now just lift your hands and if you can't lift your hands raise your voice and acknowledge God because when everything else has failed you, that is exactly when God shows up.
Be the change you crave.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Naira (NGN) Exchange Rates

Nigerian naira (NGN) exchange rates with some countries in the world; as at 16th of November 2015.

Daddy's Little Girl

Every Sunday of the year seem to be Mother's day but i am not complaining because i am a woman too, so imagine my amazement when i found out today is Father's day, oh finally we spared one Sunday for our dads, that is awesome, for me this day is a very beautiful day not just because we are celebrating Fathers but because i am celebrating a very special Man.

Strange is Unique - Louis Ogbeifun

What a genius you are, friend of the world.